Frequently Asked Questions:
What is UnlockMySIM?
UnlockMySIM (UMS) is a small sticker which can be inserted alongside the SIM card and which allows the iPhone to be used on any compatible network carrier in the world.
How does it work?
UnlockMySIM‘s software allows the iPhone to be used on any network in the world even though the device itself is locked.
The sticker is simply positioned alongside the SIM card of your current network as demonstrated in this video.
What limitations does the UnlockMySIM sticker have?
UMS Sticker v1 is compatible with the iPhone 5 and later models.
The UMS Sticker v1 is only compatible with iOS software version 12.2 or later.
The UMS software can change when Apple updates to a new version of iOS. Please keep the following in mind if you decide to order an UnlockMySIM sticker:
– Once you are using UnlockMySIM with your current network, it will continue to work without incident even if the software is modified as long as you do not update to a new iOS version or replace the SIM card.
– If your UnlockMySIM stops working due to an update by Apple, please contact us for the instructions to reconfigure the sticker so it will start working again.
– We only send stickers that have been tested and validated by us prior to shipment with the latest UMS software.
– This product does not remove iPhones from the blacklist that have been reported due to loss, theft or non-payment. You can probably use your iPhone with the UnlockMySIM sticker in a country different to that of the original operator without any problems. However, we cannot guarantee it will work or the connectivity won’t be lost in the future due to being blacklisted.
– Please note that you will only be able to use the UnlockMySIM sticker if the iPhone has been activated previously on the original network.
– Models A1778 and A1784 (iPhone 7/7 Plus), A1905 and A1897 (iPhone 8/8 Plus), and A1901 (iPhone X) do not support CDMA networks. It will not be possible to use any of these specific iPhone models on CDMA networks such as Sprint or Verizon in the United States even if the device is unlocked via IMEI or by using an UnlockMySIM sticker.
How does the UnlockMySIM sticker differ from other similar products such as the Gevey SIM, X-SIM, R-SIM or Turbo SIM?
doctorSIM’s UnlockMySIM (UMS) may have the same shape and size as the Gevey SIM, X-SIM, R-SIM and Turbo SIM and perform the same function, however, that is where the similarities end.
Due to our quality assurance and testing, we have the highest success rates on the market for this type of solution. Each and every UMS is personally examined and configured for immediate use before shipping by a member of our quality control team.
doctorSIM guarantees UMS will work with all iPhone 5 models and above that use a nano-SIM card and the latest version of iOS. Our customer support team is also available 7 days a week if you ever need assistance or instructions on how to reconfigure the sticker if a future iOS software update prevents it from working properly.
No other unlocking company or online business provides their customers with such comprehensive pre- and post sales support.
What do I do if I have No Service?
There are two possible reasons why you are not getting any service once you have inserted the UnlockMySIM in your iPhone:
– The sticker has been positioned incorrectly. We recommend turning off the iPhone, removing the sticker and then replacing it. You can see how to insert the UMS correctly in this video.
– The iPhone has been blacklisted by the original operator due to loss, theft or non-payment. The UMS sticker does not remove this additional security restriction and you will need to contact the network that reported the iPhone for further assistance.
How do I connect to my new network?
You don’t have to do anything, simply turn on your iPhone and you will have service with the network you are currently using. Don’t forget to manually change your APN settings for Internet usage.
If the UMS configuration changes and you are unable to use your iPhone on any network, please contact us so we can update your sticker (this process takes approximately 3 weeks in total).
Is my iPhone permanently unlocked?
Yes, all the while the UnlockMySIM is inserted you can use the iPhone on any network. We highly recommend not removing the sticker once it is working correctly with the network of your choice. If the UMS’s software requires reconfiguration and you remove the sticker you will not be able to use it again until we send you the latest update.
Before purchasing UnlockMySIM, check if your iPhone can be unlocked via IMEI which doesn’t require inserting a sticker.
What if my iPhone is iCloud locked?
The UnlockMySIM sticker cannot disable the iCloud Activation Lock on an iPhone. It will only work if the iCloud Lock has been disabled previously.
If you do not know the iCloud password, you will need to contact the original owner of the iPhone, or if that is not possible, get in touch with Apple directly.
doctorSIM guarantees UnlockMySIM will work with all iPhone 5 models and above that use a nano-SIM card and the latest version of iOS. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee it will work on future software versions and updates. So far we have always been able to update the sticker ensuring it continues to work correctly.
Contact us if you have any additional questions!
|Dimensions||20 × 10 × 1 cm|
iPhone 5 to iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, XR
UnlockMySIM Sticker v1 Card
- United States: 1/3 days.
- Latin America: 1/3 days.
- Europe: 1/2 days.
- Rest of the world: 1/5 days.